This is what you will learn in this article:
- What is Aliexpress
- How to start shopping/buying on Aliexpress
- How to create an account on Aliexpress
- How to know a reliable seller on Aliexpress
- How to pay for order on Aliexpress
- How to cancel an order
- How to track an order
- Where and how to receive the order
What is Aliexpress?
Aliexpress is one the top China’s ecommerce site. Launched in 2010 and owned by Alibaba. It sells almost everything you can ever think of. Their products are quite cheap, reliable and they are constantly adding to the product they sell.
Sellers on Aliexpress can be either be companies or individuals.
It is very safe to transact. They ship for free to all countries of the world depending on your needs or seller. The products they sell are in categories of:
Computers & Security
Home & Garden
Phones & Accessories
Shoes & Bags
Tools & Home improvement
Sports & Outdoors
Toys,Baby & Kids
Beauty & Hair
Each of these categories has subcategory.
How To Create Aliexpress Account On Aliexpress
- Go to your computer’s or smart phone’s browser and type aliexpress.com; you can also use their mobile app.
- Wait for the browser to load aliexpress.com
- Then go to the top left corner and click ‘join’.
- Fill your details accordingly then click ‘create my account’. You will receive an email to your inbox.
- Confirm your account by clicking on the message sent to your email.
How To Start Shopping On Aliexpress
- After confirming your account, log in and to start shopping.
- Go to the search box and type what you want to buy, then click search.
- In order to save time in searching, use the options at the left and top corner of the site:
- Price– Put the price range of product you want to get
- Quantity– Put the quantity range you want to buy.
- Free Shipping– Click on free shipping to get the products that ship for free to your Nigeria.
- Top Rated– Click on top rated to get the top rated product on the site.
- 1piece only- Click on it in order to get the products that sell only one piece.
- Sale Items– Click on it in order to get the products that are discounted.
- Seller Online– Click on it in order to know the seller that is online so that you can communicate with the seller if you want.
Click any feature at the left for the features you want in the product. If you are using Aliexpress mobile app, to do this, click on ‘filter’ to see all the mentioned options. Click on the product you like to buy and wait the browser to load it.
How To Know A Reliable Seller On Aliexpress
Before you place an order or buy the product, you need to check its the creditability of the buyer. There are two ways to check for the creditability of a seller or product on aliexpress, they are:
- Seller’s overall positive rating
- Comments of other customers
Make the necessary selection like choosing the shipping method. you want. and click on ‘Buy Now’. You will be directed to another page where you will fill in your details. It is very important to enter all information correctly especially your zip code to avoid your product from getting lost. To get your zip/Postal code, go to Nigeria postcode , select your State, Town, Area, Street and click on ‘GET POSTCODE.’ Some numbers will be displayed, copy it and paste in the box.
After entering the information click on save and ship to this address.
In the next page click on place my order.
It takes at least 15 days for the product to get to Nigeria and it will be delivered to your nearest post office if you used free shipping.
How To Pay for The Product On Aliexpress
Choose payment method. Click on any method you want to buy with. If you using master card, click on master card. After clicking on master card, a pop up will be shown to enter your card details.
For cardholder– put the name plated on your master card.
Card no– Enter the bold number plated in the front of your card.
Expiration date- Enter the expiration date plated on the card.
Security code– Check the back of your card. Enter the last three numbers.
You may also read how to protect your ATM card online
Thereafter click on pay my order. It takes up to 24 hours or less for the money to be deducted from your account depending on the bank you use.
An email will be sent to you immediately when your order has been shipped.
How to cancel an order on Aliexpress
If you want to cancel an order, you can do that by contacting the seller or go the order and click on cancel order. You can only cancel an order before the seller ships the product.
How to track an order on Aliexpress
You can track your order by logging into your account, click on my orders. Thereafter click on view details on the order you want to track.
On the next page of the order click on where it is written ‘you can track your order from………
You can only track your order 3 days after the seller has shipped the order.
How to get the product on Aliexpress
You can get the product in the nearest post office if you use free shipping or you can get it at your door step if it’s other paid means. Never click on ‘Order Received’ until check the product and you are satisfied with it. If not, open dispute.
How to open Dispute on Aliexpress
Dispute is a way to solve a disagreement between a buyer and a seller. After you had received the product but you are not satisfied with it, log in to your account, locate the specific order and click on Open Dispute. If the seller accepts your dispute he/she will refund the specific amount you requested. Be sure to take a picture of your complaint as an evidence. It takes 7-10 days for you to get the refund to your bank account.
I have written an ebook on this subject, you can download it.