Misplacing your phone is very frustrating situation, worst of it is, if it gets stolen. Getting back, recovering or locating your lost Android phone is not rocket science, its doesn’t require any special skills. Its quite easy as it sounds. There are quite numbers of ways to recover your stolen or lost Android phone. One of them is to have a Google account whether it’s built in or downloaded and the other is by using third party app.
This is what you will learn from this article:
- How to recover phone using Google account
- How to setup your phone anti theft
- How to lock your missing phone
- How to delete your data on your missing phone
- How to recover phone by using third party app
How To Recover Lost Phone Using Google Account
All Android phones now come with Find My Device (formerly known as Android Device Manager) built in. This service can help to locate your Android phone when it gets missing or stolen. You can simply locate your lost or stolen Android phone by using your laptop or a friend’s phone. However, in order to recover your Android phone, you must make sure your phone is setup to be found before it gets missing or stolen. Otherwise it becomes a touching story.
To use Find My Device, your missing or stolen device must:
- Be turned on
- Be signed in to a Google Account
- Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
- Be visible on Google Play
- Have Location turned on
- Have Find My Device turned on
- Now let show you how to enable “Find My Device” on your phone.
Recommended: Facebook Live Stream | How To Go Live On Facebook With Your Android Or Desktop
How to enable Find My Device on your phone
Follow the steps to enable Find My Device on your phone:
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Go to security
- Tap on Device administration or device administrator.
- Tap Find My Device so that t a check mark shows in the checkbox.
- Return to the main settings.
- Go to location and switch it on.
- Tap on High accuracy.
- Go back and tap on Google Location History.
- Then tap Use Location History and finally tap on “this device” beneath Use Location History so that it turns on.
Sometimes, “Find My Device” is turn on by default on some Android phones so you don’t need to do the above steps.
Also, in some Android phones, the Find My Device service is already in your Settings app, but if you can’t find it there, you can download Find My Device from Google Play Store. This locating service is synchronized with Google to make finding your phone very easy. Now, let’s move ahead!
Read Also: How To Charge Your Phone Very Fast
How To Locate Your Phone with Google
Lets say you misplace your phone or it was stolen and you enabled Find My Device on your lost phone. You can simply locate it by:
- Go to android.com/find
- Log into your Google account from any computer or from any Internet enable phone.
Once you log in, the missing or stolen phone will be located and you have the options to do any of these:
- Ring your phone at full volume for 5 minutes, even if it’s set to silent or vibration. With this, you can easily locate your phone if the map shows that it in close range.
- You can Lock your phone with Pin, Pattern or Password if you didn’t set that before it got missing. Also, you can also add message or number to the lock screen in order to help someone return your phone to you.
- Lastly, you can Erase all data on your phone if you are certain that you are less likely to recover your phone.
- You only erase data on your phone but might not delete data on SD cards.
- If you are trying to locate your phone with Find My Device and it doesn’t work. The most likely cause of it is that your phone may not be connected to Wi-Fi , maybe turn off or an available network. In this case, it’s essential you keep trying until your phone make that connection. it will appear on the map.
Check: Reasons Smartphone Battery Doesn’t Last Long | Solutions To Smartphone Battery Life
How To Find or Recover Phone With Third-Party apps
There are many apps on Google play store that can help you find your phone when it gets stolen or lost, below are some the apps:
I urge you to set up or install a good tracking app before your phone gets missing.
Have you ever lost your phone and later recover it? How did you get it back? You can share your experience with through the comment box.